About the project and the involvement opportunity (Plain Language Summary)
ANZBACK was formed with the plan to deliver on 4 main aims
- Generate new knowledge that leads to improved outcomes
- Promote effective transfer of research outcomes into health policy and/or practice
- Develop the low back pain health and medical research workforce with a priority in supporting the inclusion of people living with low back pain
- Facilitating collaboration across all stakeholders
About the position
ANZBACK is looking for 10-12 members from across Australia and New Zealand to join their Consumer Advisory Group
What am I expected to do?
Initially the ANZBACK Consumer Advisory Group would help inform public messaging in line with the feelings of people with a lived experience. Using current evidence and the new public messaging resources ANZBACK would like to conduct a randomised control trial to obtain evidence around the effectiveness of such public messaging.
Further involvement could include:
- providing feedback to other research projects ensuring true collaboration between people with a lived experience, researchers clinicians and policy makers
- establishment of research priorities in low back pain
- supporting ANZBACK to share results of research with the community through relevant stakeholders
What skills or experience do I need?
You will need a lived experience of back pain either as someone who lives with the condition or cares for someone living with Back Pain
How long am I expected to be involved?
Initially you will be invited to be involved in the group for 2 years with an option to stay involved for a following 2 years if you would like to continue
Where will meetings be held?
The meetings will be held online using Zoom. If you require some assistance with using this online platform then a short training session can be provided by the Consumer and Community Involvement Program
What support is offered?
$35 per hour honorarium will be made available for meetings and any work requested between meetings. Any additional training and support is offered by the Consumer and Community Health Research Network.
Note: By checking this box, you agree to allow us to save your details to a cookie on your device. Your information will not be saved to our servers and will only be used to assist in pre-populating your details on other registration forms. You can clear your saved details by removing this cookie through your browser settings.