Putting the ‘I’ into Health Service Research Breakfast Event
Science on the Swan
Consumer and Community Involvement Breakfast Session
At this year’s Science on the Swan conference we have the great pleasure of hosting the breakfast session that will give a consumer and community perspective on research and translation.
This interactive breakfast session will provide an opportunity to see what consumer and community involvement looks like across all realms of the research spectrum.
Joining us on the day will be a panel of experts – researchers, consumers, people with lived experience, community members, and representatives from Health Service Providers – to facilitate discussion on the practical processes, outcomes and ideas of involving consumers and community members in research and how to obtain great outcomes for all.
- Jane Pearce, Health Consumer and Chair of the Emergency Department Consumer Advisory Group, Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Kerry Maclaurin, Health Consumer, Consumer Advocate, Health Coach and Social & Market Researcher
- Prof Cath Elliot, Curtin University
- Prof Daniel Fatovich, Royal Perth Hospital and East Metropolitan Health Service
- Prof Fiona Wood, WA Burns Service of WA, Perth Children’s Hospital and South Metropolitan Health Service
- Prof Peter McEvoy, Centre for Clinical Interventions, North Metropolitan Health Service; School of Population Health, Curtin University
Ms Debra Langridge
Head, CCI Program, WA Health Translation Network